All modules I did have been rewritten to improve them or make them compatible with Magento 1.6 if necessary. As reminder, here is the list of these modules:
- Add Information to Sales Email : allows you to add some information into your sales emails (invoice, order, crédit memo) about each items purchased by your customers. For example, if you want to provide some instructions how to use a product or access to your services.
- Zopim Chat: displays the chat widget of Zopim with advanced configuration. Better than the official one because it supports multi-website and store views.
- Joomla Integration: help you to integrate Magento and Joomla. Jfusion modules and plugins are mandatory. Check it out the www.diglin.com website.
- Username support: support username on registration and login
For the magento community edition (and maybe the Enterprise edition too), the CMS included could be a little bit too short for some needs.If you need the first free open source CMS, with the availability of lots of extensions and a big community and you would like to integrate with the first open source shop, you probably need this free extension.
It allows you to:
- integrate module from Joomla into Magento like poll, menus, latest news, popular news and most every modules available in the joomla community. It takes the template from the Joomla module.
- put in Magento cache, the integrated module to optimize the speed of the display.
- automatically synchronize the language with Joomla if you have Joomfish installed in it.
- deactivate temporary customer account from Customer Management page (bonus functionnality).
- get access to Joomla Backend from Magento backend (no backend Single Sign On for the moment)
- content Url rewriting (secure/unsecure depending on the Magento context)
- JFusion components version > 1.5.x for Joomla 1.5.x
- Magento 1.3.x & 1.4.x compatible
- Joomla 1.5.x compatible
- Cache activated in Magento (e.g. APC) to optimize if wished (optional)
- Joomfish in Joomla for multilanguage stores (optional)
See www.jfusion.org and www.diglin.com website for more informations, documentation and other available modules about integration between Joomla and Magento.
You can find modules in Joomla to integrate Joomla user, Modules from Magento into Joomla.
Diglin.com is more specialised for information about Joomla / Magento integration: documentation, modules about this subject
Jfusion.org provide the basic component of all of this and even more. You can integrate other kind of web application (phpbb, gallery, moodle, smf)
On Sunday 21th March at the Palais des Congrès of Bordeaux will take place the JoomlaDay, a conference about Joomla with presentations and ateliers on different extensions and techniques to use Joomla and improve or raise its capacities.
Diglin will be there as a presenter between 14h45 and 16h15 to present the oppurtunities provided by JFusion and its plugins to integrate Joomla and Magento. A case study will be shown thanks to the elearning platfrom rissip.com.
More info on the website JoomlaDay.fr
Although I’m one of the JFusion developer and work to integrate Joomla/Magento mainly with this extension, I propose to give you a list of possibilities to integrate Joomla and Magento. Here are the three known:
- JFusion (free): single sign on, interface integration between the two applications, modularity, multi applications. Some functionnalities are not yet stable.
- MageBridge (commercial): same as JFusion but more focused into the J!/Magento integration. Cannot be tested cause of the price but honnestly I see just a small advantage by the easy way to install it and use it.
- J!Mint (gratuit): a new coming, still in development when I’m writing those lines. It should be available at the end 2009. The integration seems to be done thanks to the webservices. Technically good but will get probably problem with the speed. Some people find already Magento slow !
Without any doubt JFusion is the best solution. I’m joking. It depends of course of your needs and your skills. The advantage of JFusion is the capabilities to integrate different applications and add some add-ons depending of the plugins which limits errors for the user synchronization. MageBridge seems to be easier to install.